365 Days of Grief & Healing

Send Flowers


We won't share your email

History

 

          

Our Beginnings 

 

William M. Kisselburg founded the Kisselburg Undertaking Company in 1890 on Chicago's west side at 2938 W. Madison Street. 

   

 

            

The Second Generation

 

Bertram M. Kisselburg became a partner with his father in the Kisselburg Funeral Home in 1925. He operated this business until he moved to Wauconda in 1953.

 

 

 

                

The Tradition Continues

 

William C. Kisselburg established the Kisselburg Funeral Home in Wauconda in 1949. The firm name was later changed to the Wauconda Funeral Home with Bertram M. and William C. Kisselburg as directors.  

 

 

 

          

Original Building

 

This is the original property purchased by Kisselburg & Son Funeral Home in 1948. Remodeling was done and completed in 1949

 

 

 

 

    

South Addition

 

The south addition was built and completed in 1960. 

 

 

 

 

        

7 Years Later

 

The north addition was built and completed in 1967 and served the Wauconda Community until 1999. 

 

 

 

 

            

The Fourth Generation

 

In 1974, Craig A. Kisselburg joined his father William C. and grandfather Bertram M. Kisselburg, making him the 4th generation to undertake the family business. 

 

 

 

 

                

The Fifth Generation

 

In 1999, Mark A. Kisselburg joined his father at the funeral home making him the fifth generation of funeral directors. He and his father, Craig, continue to serve Wauconda and the surrounding communities to this very day. 

 

 

 

 

          

Present Day

 

Starting in 1999 and ending in mid-2000, the Kisselburg-Wauconda Funeral Home underwent its final transformation to become the building it is today.